Sunday, March 31, 2013

Podcast and Audio files

Podcasting and Audio files are making their way into the learning environment whether it is to teach a second language or catching up on a lecture you have missed. My workplace does not currently use either of the above options but I know many students who rely on them to enhance memory, review material, or learn a subject from the beginning. 

I tried to look for a way to upload an audio file that I have created to this blog. I look up a few different ways on the internet and tried to use this link below. It does not work. 

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/3523697345-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=https://drive.google.com/?tab=lo#folders/0B0oz38HRpFr3aG5BNVNObG1HV2M height="27" width="320"></embed>

I have since uploaded the audio mp3 files to my google drive and I am testing to see if I have enabled the correct settings and if I can successfully create a link in my blog.

Please take a look, I have uploaded files that I have created to help parents learn basic Mandarin or to play for young children. I am still unsure how to change the quality of the audio file and editing, but I used my photo booth and garageband for this experiment.

Chinese Lessons Folder

http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet/ajet26/scutter.pdf


Podcasting as Complement to Graduate Teaching: Does It Accommodate Adult Learning Theories?

Luna, Gaye ; Cullen, Deborah

International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, 2011, Vol.23(1), p.40-47 






No comments:

Post a Comment